Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Maybe I overreacted but... Long sorry


I felt really affronted when I got an email from my Aunt about Saul saying that my SIL means well but just got busy with having a baby and working to explain away Saul's condition (cat I just took from them). I do not think she realizes how bad he was! Not to mention that this started well before the baby was born and she only went back to work two weeks a go.

Maybe I'm out of line but I replied:

"I really like her as a person and she's a wonderful parent but I can't say she meant well, though she wasn't doing it purposefully either. I don't blame her but I will not make excuses for her. It was a matter or priorities and Saul wasn't one. That's okay, she has other stuff to deal with but I believe she should've given him up, even to a shelter where he'd be humanely pts.

He was basically slowly starving to death which is what happens when diabetes goes untreated and his mouth is full of puss, he can't even close it correctly. His surroundings were filthy and he was severely neglected.

I don't mean to be so emotional but I disagree with your statement. However, I have matured a lot and I used to be very black and white about pets but now I realize someone can still be a good person but a lousy pet owner. She is one of those people. My Mom and I both agree that they should not get any more pets for a very long time."

I do not want this cat to cause friction between my family but I just felt like I had to speak up... Maybe I'm wrong and my aunt will take it as I'm badmouthing her. Opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment