Monday, July 23, 2012

What is a Pain Doctor?

This is my first time being referred to see a doctor for pain. In times past my doctor would give me a script for pain meds as I needed. I guess they are treating everything seperate now instead of Primary taking care of most care? I moved away and when I came back everything is different. I am going through alot right now, in addition to haveing a flare in my RA, my pancreas is not working, and causing me debilitating pain that pushes on my spine, which in turn affects my nerves leading to migraines, nausea, and so its been bad, but Im currently getting no treatment for it, because my doctor referred me to the rheumatologist, not understanding that whats hurting me most is my pancreas. So I ended up in ER from pancreatitis, and they referred me to see a doctor who specialized in that area, which I am, even though my doctor thinks its my arthritis.

I feel that can take second place to this right now, but what is different is that they dont write any scripts for enzymes, pain or anything, you have to go through a bunch of testing first to make sure its pancreas, ect..I asked what do I do for the pain in the meantime? They said oh you see a pain doctor for that. Im confused? So Ive been suffering with immense pain in tears at times, while I dont know what route to take? Am I to ask my PCP for a referral or do I just go call a pain doc on my own?

Does anyone have information on how to approach this situation. I know my pcp thinks its mostly my joints, and while that is miserable at times, my pancreas feels like it dying inside of me and I cant digest without bloating like a balloon no matter what I eat which I cant really do very easily. So I could have really used some enzymes at least? It seems like cruel torture to leave me without pain relief, at least the ER gave me morhphine which helped while I was there. Any suggestions? Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment