Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bad dog park experience today


I am so heartbroken and upset. My pitbull attacked not one but two dogs today at the park. One was too little to be on that large breed side anyways, but was sitting on its owners lap when mine went up and started to attack. Then, not even 10 minutes later, she attached another timid dog slightly smaller than herself. This was bad. She had her buy the neck. Everyone watched in horror as it took me and two others to try to separate. I had to force open her jaw. I don't think it was really injured, just frightened, but its owner walked out of the park carrying it and he yelled at me. I hope I don't get a phone call about a vet bill in the morning. I don't think they had any bites, I didnt see blood.

This was my 4th trip there. The 3rd trip shew as really good and didnt do anything like this! I've socialized her since I got her at 4 months at puppy socials every weekend, she's had a dog obedience class. I was told she was high energy, but everyone in the park said she's too aggressive and that they were going to complain tomorrow to take away my dog park pass.

I thought I had her socialized, under control, and she does this? Was told by a trainer that she was "prey driven". This one guy there told me she may never be able to socialize with other dogs in the future when I asked him how was I going to socialize her if I couldnt bring her around other dogs.

Can this be corrected. She's about a year old now and I've had her for about 7 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment