Thursday, August 30, 2012

Grape Seed oil is a good inexpensive moisturizer for my face

I have some wrinkles and dry skin. Lighter weight all-purpose moisturizers no longer work for me. I'd love to find something inexpensive that I can just pick up at Walgreen's, instead of having to go downtown to Macys or Nordstroms and spend $$$.

Adding a few drops of jojoba oil to my Cetaphil lotion has worked for me when my skin has been particularly dry. Several people advised cleansing with oil. I googled it, and selected grape seed oil. I am 56 yrs. old, and started having blackhead/whitehead problems with my rather dry skin. Nothing seemed to work until I tried cleansing with grape seed oil.

I put very warm water on my face first, then with fingertips rub some grape seed oil into my face and neck. I then use hot water and a washcloth to remove that oil, scrubbing a bit. Then I use a soft facial brush and more oil in circular motions to do the more in depth cleansing, followed by more hot water and the washcloth. Some oil stays on my skin, so I don't put any moisturizer on. This is my night routine, and in the morning I rinse and put on Nuetrogena Naturals night cream (yes) which leaves a lovely matt finish. On top of this goes sunblock if I am going to be outside. I follow with cornstarch baby powder instead of expensive makeup powders, and my face stays shine free all day with the single application.

All this I have learned from the lovely ladies and gents of this forum, with the exception of the Neutrogena Naturals, which I bought on sale to try. I use night creams for daywear all the time because they are thick enough to stay on, and nongreasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment