Friday, August 10, 2012

I need dental advise for my 2 year old


Two dentists & very different quotes for my 2 year old... what do I do?

My daughter is 2 and she has just had really bad teeth since her teeth came in. I brush her teeth, she doesn't eat candy (once a month or so), same with soda, and juice but she just gets cavaties. My 4 year old son on the otherhand, he eats the same, I brush his teeth the same time yet he has no cavities. I was told it must be genetics.

Well, anyway, I explain that b/c everyone keeps saying "mom no candy or sweets!" which I don't give to her.

So, my husband and I took our little girl to two different dentists. One dentist said she needed 3 fillings and one cap. The second dentist said she needed 6 caps and no fillings. The first dentist quoted us around $600 and the second one $2300.

They are very different quotes and different treatments. I am iffy about what is going on and who to believe. Is she not getting the treatment she needs at the first place (i.e. lack of treatment) or is the second place just trying to overbill us?

No comments:

Post a Comment