Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I made mushroom soup


I had a pound of mushrooms that I bought over the weekend for some reason, but whatever the reason, they never got used. So, I whipped up some mushroom soup. I had never made it before, but it really turned out good.

1 lb mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, diced
1 T minced garlic (didn't have any fresh or would have used that)
1 C chicken stock (just happened to have some in the fridge, but you could use canned)
4 T butter
1 chicken Bouillon cube
2 C heavy Cream
1 t Kosher salt
1 t ground black pepper
dash curry powder
dash chili powder

Saute the onions and garlic in the butter till translucent. Add the mushrooms and saute a few more minutes. Add everything else except the cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add cream. Heat to the verge of boiling. Serve.

Just wish I'd thought to buy a crusty baguette to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment